Viewed at 800 x 600
President - Neal Ronquist
Secretary - Ramsey Johnson P.
O. Box 866
Treasurer - Dr. Mike Williams Austin,
first Lions Club orgainized in Austin was the Austin Lions Club,
chartered on October 19, 1944. The Austin Lions Club meets
each Thursday from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM at the Austin Elks Club for
a luncheon and program.
The Austin Lions Club has grown from its original membership of
32 members to its current level of 76 members. Fund raising
activites of the club include: Pancake Day, Austin High School Packers
Football Concession Stand, Sale of Lions Club Mints, Pancake Grill
Rentals, White Cane Day and participation in the Austin Go-Cart
The major recipients of the fund raising efforts are the Lions Eye
Bank Program at the University of Minnesota, Camp Winnebago and
the Lions Club International
Other recipients include:
Youth Hockey, Baseball and Soccer
Community College Scholarships
Lions Hearing & Lions Diabetes Foundations
other Community and Youth Projects
Past District Governor George Dugan was instrumental in establishing
the Minnesota Lions Eye Bank. The Austin Lions Club members
built and maintain the covered bridge at the Jay C. Hormel Nature
Center and the Information Kiosk located at Interstate 90 and Highway
218 North. Austin Lions Club members and Austin Post Office
employees work together collecting used eyeglasses that are recycled
and distributed to individuals who need them. The Austin Lions
Club also sponsors the Lions District 5M1 Peace Poster Project.
The Austin Lions Club sponsored the charter of the Austin Morning
Lions Club on November 28, 1980. The official name of the
Austin Lions Club is "Austin Lions Club", but with the
charter of the Austin Morning Lions Club, the Austin Lions Club
has also been called the Austin Noon Lions Club to differentiate
between the two clubs.
If you have any questions or comments about this web site,
please address them to David
web site has been graciously hosted by
Internet Group at no charge.